[MPlayer-users] alsa seeking is a bit slow

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Sun Sep 8 20:11:02 CEST 2002

hi,

i'm playing a bit with alsa.....

i have a sb128pci and oss works for me without problems but i like to
experiment...

the problem is that seeking when using alsa ( alsa9 to be more precise )
happens after a short ( let's say 0.2sec) time..

when using oss, when i press let's say arrow-left then it immediately
seeks forward 10sec...
but when using alsa9, it waits for approx 0.2sec and then seeks..

and most interesting, thatit works ok with with alsa9 + oss emulation +
-vo oss.....

and i can see the same 0.2sec pause on my friends computer ( some via
onboard audio, so he has to use alsa)..

so this happens to everyone with alsa?

thanks,
gabor

--
That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that