[MPlayer-users] Bug (or not) with printer

H du Plooy hans at ananzi.co.za
Sun Sep 8 17:01:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for a great program.  In 15 years of
computing, MPlayer is by far the most wonderfully crafted
software that I have encountered!

Problem:  MPlayer's console output gets sent to my printer
too.  I'm using MPlayer0.90pre7, compiled with gcc 2.95.3
 This has happened only twice though before I switched the
printer off, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.  I
haven't changed anything though.  It happened once with
0.90pre6 too, but never before that.  Not a major issue, I
just thought you'd be interested.

Kind regards
Hans du Plooy

System:

SuSE 8.0 Professional - nothing upgraded/recompiled except
Openoffice,
Mozilla, Opera and XMMS.
Kernel 2.4.18-4GB - the standard SuSE one
libc: 6
X version: 4.2.0
gcc: 2.95.3 20011021 (SuSE)
ld: 2.11.92.0.10 (SuSE)
binutils: GNU assembler 2.11.92.0.10 (SuSE)
KDE 3.0-1 as provided with SuSE

Hardware:

Printer:   HP Deskjet 610C (parallel port) using various
drivers (hpdj, amongst other) for various types of printing
(as installed by SuSE) - Not CUPS though.

CPU:    processor       : 0
                vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
                cpu family      : 6
                model           : 6
                model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
                stepping        : 5
                cpu MHz         : 501.145

Video card:  Generic nVidia TNT2 Vanta 16Mb AGP

Video driver:  nVidia 1.0-2960 (installed from the tar.gz
packages - not the SuSE ones)

Soundcard: Creative Vibra 128 PCI (Ensonique ens1371 chip)
- Alsa0.9.0_cvs20020320-12 with OSS emulation

Other :
Gigabyte GA-6VA7 motherboard
Zoltrix TV-MAX (bt848A)
Zoltrix Smartspirit modem (conexant HCF chipset)

==
Find businesses and have your business found: http://www.brabys.com