[MPlayer-users] oss...alsa....a bit offtopic

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Fri Sep 6 11:27:02 CEST 2002

hi,

i always wanted to ask this, but haven't found a suitable place to do
so... so maybe here....

if my soundcard is working with oss, are there any reasons to go with
alsa?

or :

what does alsa provide that oss doesn't?

i'm asking because i'm using oss with my soundblasterpci128 and it
works..
but alsa supports this card too...

are there any advantages of using alsa?

thanks,
gabor

p.s: sorry for this off-topic post

--
That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that