[MPlayer-users] xv and fullscreen not working correctly in latest CVS

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Thu Sep 5 22:26:02 CEST 2002

>On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 02:38:06AM +0200, Lethal Weapon wrote:
>>/ [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>/>/ On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 00:33, oliver wrote:
>/>/  Today, 0903 I got
>/>/ > the cvs again, and have to watch it with the elder 0618 again, since fs
>/>/ > switching still doesn't work propperly. I haven't seen any new options
>/>/ > conserning this, maybe they are hidden?
>/>/ >
>/>/ > Anyway, if needed I can go through the archive and figure out what
>/>/ > version of mplayer exactly changed that behavior, but only if needed.
>/>/ I have problems if i do something like:
>/>/ mplayer file1.avi file2.avi -fs       then the fs isn't used, i have to:
>/>/
>/>/ mplayer -fs file1.avi file2.avi
>/>/
>/>/ what happens when you add the -zoom option?
>/>/ (i haven't noticed that problem, i use mainly -vo xv or -vo sdl
>/>/ sometimes)
>/
>RTFM. Options after the filename(s) apply to one particular file or
>group of files. Options at the beginning, before any filename, apply
>globally.
>
>Rich

Uhm .... read the message again maybe? Fullscreen DOES work. NOT
correctly however. If you search through the messages there was a
similar thing happening before. This time what happends is, the image
gets stripped of any black bars and just put in the top corner. So if
you want to watch a movie, you have it all on top of the screen, but
about twice the bar size on the bottom. This problem did exist before,
and it's probably easly fixed by the maintainer of XV (I think it's in
the xv extension as it was in there the last time).

oliver