[MPlayer-users] Which vo driver to use and which options

Stephan Haller nomad at cadoritz.de
Wed Sep 4 19:36:01 CEST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-09-04 um 18.54 schrieb Stefan Lange:
    [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
    [...].

    > I have a Apple Mac G4/466 with ATI Rage 128 Pro graphics board. DRI (or
    > DRM - I don't know) seems to be enabled. 256MB RAM (mplayer was told to
    > use 32MB cache) and SCSI are also here. So does anybody know what to do
    > the get the right wathcing experience? Please do not refer to the xv or
    > sdl:xv driver. It freezes the system immediately regardless of any
    > fine-tuning.

    Have you tried (x)vidix? should work on a rage 128

Heard of vidix. But that's all. How to get it and how to activate? If
you just tell me an URL that would help.

    > Thanks for any help
    > Stephan Haller
    >
    > P.S: Please don't blame me but xine seems to have the same problem but
    > freezes everytime (think of xv driver). So I think I need a resolution
    > without using xv.

    maybe newer XF86-drivers can fix that, maybe from GATOS (just a wild
    guess, I'm not familiar with linux on non-i386-hardware)

Tried gatos. But after I lost the overview what and how to compile and
install...I cancelled this because I had zto reinstall my system because
of such games.

Stephan Haller