[MPlayer-users] audio problems on UltraSPARC solved

Holger Weiss lists at jhweiss.de
Wed Sep 4 14:07:01 CEST 2002

JFYI:

* Holger Weiss <holger at jhweiss.de> [2002-09-02 07:21]:
> * Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr> [2002-09-02 03:06]:
> > > AFAICS no solution has been posted, therefore I just wanted to let you
> > > know that using gcc-2.95.3 instead of 3.1.1 for compiling (haven't
> > > tried 3.2) fixed it for me, everything works fine now.
> >
> > did you try with gcc 3.2 ?
>
> As I said in my post (and your quotation): No I didn't. Probably I'll
> install 3.2 sometime this week, if anybody is interested I can let you
> know whether or not it works.

Now I've tested compiling with gcc-3.2, there is no difference to using
3.1.1, still no sound but only long-duration beeps. As I said, it works
fine with 2.95.3, so that's no problem for me.

Holger

--
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons, Burns' Heir [1F16])
                                      GnuPG: 0xB8B5D3DE | lists at jhweiss.de