[MPlayer-users] working while dumping

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Sep 4 12:07:01 CEST 2002

> well, use of nice : yes, but dvd struct/access isn't basic, even
> here. more, i know morrons that still use the pc while burning cd (
> and they wonder why things were wrong ), so...

With my old motehrboard that had 4 ide ports, I had the burner on
primary master, alone on the cable. This proved to be very reliable, I
could do a kernel compile with make -j 10 even, and the burn process
was solid reliable all way through at 8X speed, on a lowly 733 Mhz
coppermine.

However, now I have this crap i815e motherboard, and the burner shares
cable with a harddrive, and now it seems that if even touch my mouse
while burning at 4X, even if I had reniced's cdrecord to -20 (which I
didnt have to do on the old trusty BX), it fails immediately.

BX forever!! :-\