[MPlayer-users] Lirc error

Marius Stan mstan at asesoft.ro
Wed Oct 30 08:53:01 CET 2002

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with mplayer and it's lirc support.

I've got lirc and mplayer srpms from freshrpms.net and rebuilt them
for my RH8.0 system.

When starting gmplayer, I get about one message per second, saying
- and I quote from memory - error reading command fd 6 (or fd 10 in some cases)
in the console and also pops up message boxes with the same text.

If I disable lirc support (remove ~/.lircrc for example), everything works fine.
Needless to say, lircd is working ok for other programs.

Anyone got any clue ?

Thanks,
Marius