[MPlayer-users] build problem with current CVS on Solaris

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Tue Oct 29 17:38:01 CET 2002

Hi -

> From: <waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de>
> current CVS doesn't build on Solaris, because the function lrint isn't
> available there:
> Undefined			first referenced
>  symbol  			    in file
> lrint                               libavcodec/libavcodec.a(wmadec.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mplayer
>
> This bug was fixed in ffmpeg for BSD, see this thread in the

	A fix was discussed but nothing has actually been done yet (I just
	checked ffmpeg CVS).   The suggestion to replace lrint() with
	something else was mentioned but rejected.  I posted a ported
	version of lrint (and lrintf) but I do not know what the status
	is.

> I guess it just must be enabled for Solaris as well.

	Ah, so FreeBSD and BSD/OS are not the only systems that have rint()
	but not the newer lrint().

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com