[MPlayer-users] BUG: -ovc xvid -xvidencopts not working ?

Markus Liebl lieblm at troja.mayn.de
Mon Oct 28 14:45:02 CET 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:29:19 +0200
ma.hoff at t-online.de (Martin Hoffmann) wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] I have just tracked down the problem a little bit
> further (unfortunately not solved yet :-( ):
>
> It depends on the order of the parameters of -xvidencopts:
> If i use -xvidencopts nodebug:br=1000000:mode=2pass-1 then every thing
> works fine !
> If i put the mode=2pass-1 at the beginning of the line -xvidencopts
> mode=2pass-1:br=1000000:nodebug then everything behind mode is ignored !
> Even unknown parameters ! Seems to have something to do with the
> subconfig for mode !???
>
> Another "problem" in ve_xvid.c seems to be that br=nnnnn has to be
> specified in bits/s - no support for kbit/s like ve_divx4.c has it ! Is
> this intended ? I know that this is easy to implement, i just want to
> know if its intended this way ....
Same problem here.

I looked over ve_xvid.c and fixed some small bugs.
Now cbr, 2pass and fixedquant work correct for me und reach the desired
bitrate. But I can't fix the config bug described above. :-(

Maybe someone else can fix it?
Another solution would be to change the config of ve_xvid.c. I would
prefer the ve_lavc options.

fixedqaunt -> vqscale
max_quantizer -> vqmax
mode=2pass-1/2 -> vpass=1/2

Bye,
Markus

--
            Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.