[MPlayer-users] feature request: video window to retain aspect on resize

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Oct 26 19:09:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:18:36 +0100 (BST)
Chris Phillips <chris at thirtythreeandathird.net> wrote:

> can i ask for an option to make the video output window preserve the
> aspect ratio when it is resized. i'm aware that the video itself stays to
> aspect, but it'd be really handy if the containing window then also
> resized to fit around the video properly.

This was requested a few times, though noone implemented it.
Maybe because noone know how to do it and it wasnt important enough
to search for it. (Any volunteer is welcome).

 > also are there any plans to enable channel presets for viewing tv? having
> to use h and k to manually retune the channel each time is a bit
> prohibitive, although obviously not a problem with mencoder. then again
> it'd be nice to be able to encode from preset=2 rather than channel=62.
> maybe these presets could be bound to the F? keys? I'd love to be able to
> use mplayer instead of xawtv, but that's not practical yet. And i'm also
> aware that you're not really that fussed about the tv side of things
> anyway.

Hmm... Ask the developers :)

		Attila Kinali

--
It must have been some unmarried fool that said "A child can ask questions
that a wise man cannot answer"; because, in any decent house, a brat that