[MPlayer-users] Tips for encoding

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 25 14:59:02 CEST 2002

Hi!!!!

I'm trying to encode Dante's Peak and I'm having problems with clouds, fog

and smoke: They don't look fine (they look very bad if I watch the movie
in
 TVout). There are some artifacts, white clouds looks as snow mountains,
 there are things likes hip in the colors so one can see frontier curves
 between white and light gray and dark gray ... (I don't know if you can
understand me, I want to mean that the colors don't change smoothly)

Some days ago, somebody gave severals tips for encoding a B&W movie,
does anybody know how to improve the image in my case?
Has someone this problem too?

My lavcopts and vop options are:

-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1650:vhq:vqmin=2:vqmax=31:v4mv:vpass=n
-vop scale=640:272,crop=704:358:8:58,pp=6 -npp=de,al -sws 1

They are ok for the whole movie, but not in the scenes pointed out above.

I tried with vqscale=2 in the first pass and with the vlelim,vcelim values
suggest for B&W too, but I didn't get any improve.

Thanks in advance,

Martín

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html