[MPlayer-users] Bugs and requests.

|TEcHNO| techno at punkt.pl
Thu Oct 24 18:53:02 CEST 2002

> 1. I coudln't get these sutitles to work propetly, no PL-chars. Anyone
> know a way to display them good? Using iso 8895-2 charset. Tried some of
> the conversion commands and they didn't work or mplayer reported that
> it's not a command.
-subcp cp1250 or anything else didn't prove to work

> 2. Scaling is not working, in GUI it scales a bit while in
> console (-vo vesa) it responds that, that man'ish command is non-existent.
mplayer -subfont-text-scale 10 <file>, shoudl give me bigger subs,
instead it gives:
Error: 'subfont-text-scale' is not a mplayer/mencoder option

> 3. -vo vesa, either streches video maximaly, or with -zoom takes about
> 300mhz of processor power, cousing gliches, but maintains aspect ratio.[1]
mplayer -vo vesa -fs streches the movie so it's 4:3 not 16:9(movie is in
such format), whereas mplayer -vo vesa -fs -zoom streches the movie to
16:9 but somtimes the machine is too slow and the animation is jumpy.

> 4. <request> Adding a commend for better code pages conversion, ie.
> -subcp <lang_id>:<language specific codepages>
> -subcp pl:1 woudl return that subs are in lets say latin2, and convert
> it to those used by MPlayer(iso 8895-2 for poland I think), while
> -subcp pl:2 woudl return cp1250 (or somthing like that) ect.
> List shoudl be included inside the man.
should be somthing else like -cpconv pl:1, you get the idea, also a
recognition of some condings coudl be done, but this coudl be rather hard.

--
pozdro
techno at punkt.pl