[MPlayer-users] cuting ads

Emmanuel Anne emanne at absysteme.fr
Thu Oct 24 15:49:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Krister Lagerstrom wrote:

> Isn't ffmpeg's mpeg4 codec better?

Maybe ! ;-)
The problem is that there are zillions of variations on these codecs and
I don't know them all. But by the way msmpeg4v2 is also from ffmpeg
libavcodec. I could not tell you which one is the best.
They also support msmpeg4v3 in cvs now...

I assumed msmpeg4v2 meant revision v2 of mpeg4 by ms, and I found it was
fast enough to encode in real time 25fps 388x284, so I chose it (I
assumed mpeg4 was the original mpeg4 codec, the very old one).