[MPlayer-users] converting the samplerate from 48 khz to 44,1 khz with mencoder

Stephan André Schmidt stephanandre.schmidt at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Oct 23 14:56:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

I would like to resample the audio sample rate of an DVD (ripped vobs)
from 48000 hz to 44100 hz with mencoder while generating the audio
"noframe.avi" from the vobs when doing 3 pass encoding. (Also, I would
like to use the nomalize plugin in the same procedure, but I think it is
the same trick...)
I looked trough the manual and found the section about it:

mplayer media.avi -aop list=resample:fout=<required frequency in Hz, like
44100>

But this is for mplayer. Using "aop list=..." with the mencoder line -->
"cat /*vob | mencoder -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts
abr:br=128 -aid ... -aop list=..."

does not work.

Is ist possible to resample/normalize the audio from the vobs when
generating the "frameno.avi"?

Stephan