[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't open/init audio device -> no sound

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Tue Oct 22 20:18:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 14:49, Zdenek Pizl wrote:
> Instead shouting with exclamation marks to me, you'd better improve
> documentation, take lessons of politeness or simply be quiet! Because i'm not
> interesting in bullshit, i am curious to some reasonable solution of my
> problem.

welcome to mplayer at list :-)

what about filling a proper bugreport?

i can tell you that the arts driver ( -ao_arts ) works or better to say
should_work....

so what sound card are you using?

does arts work in other applications? ( xmms-arts, noatun, whatever)?

i suspect not many developers use arts here, so you need to feed them as
much info as you can ...

a temporary workaround could be:
	a. 'killall artsd' :-)
	b. start mplayer with soundwrapper..... for example "soundwrapper
mplayer -ao oss my.avi", but i haven't tried it

and once again: fill a proper bugreport... read DOCS/bugreports.html

bye,
gabor