[MPlayer-users] record from TV ( v4l ) with sound

Emmanuel Anne emanne at absysteme.fr
Tue Oct 22 17:13:10 CEST 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Emmanuel Anne wrote:

> Thanks for your fast answer...
> Well the machine should be fast enough : a 1Ghz pentium 3 with 128 Mb of
> ram. After 2 minutes of recording this way, the load average is 0.59.
>
> But I didn't see any error message... I don't know, maybe I should try
> to increase the verbose level ?!!

I found the solution : it's sound !
When I use the normal mencoder version, then there is no sound (because
the v4l card has no sound and in this case mencoder refuses to record
from /dev/dsp), and then I have D/B/S = 0/0/0 !!!

So forcing sound provides sound, but breaks the video synchronization.
But I don't know why...
I fear I need help here...
(I forced sound on by just replacing "param_noaudio = 0 by
param_noaudio = 1 everywhere in tvi_v4l.c).