[MPlayer-users] record from TV ( v4l ) with sound

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Oct 22 16:51:02 CEST 2002

Emmanuel Anne wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Emmanuel Anne wrote:
>

>>What are these D/B/S numbers displayed at the end of the line while
>>recording with -v ? Hummm... Didn't see this in the docs... I'll try to
>>find it in the sources...
>>
>>I get something like D/B/S 32/23/23 after 10s
>>

>Wow ! It means D for Duplicate frames
>B for Bad frames
>and S for Skipped frames.
>
>So it really knows about these lost frames !
>Now the next question is : is there something I can do about it ??!!!
>;-) !

Can you describe your machine (CPU, memory, CPU load during capturing)?
What error messages do you get when D/B/S increases? Mencoder should
either report bogus intervals (which means the frame was lost at the v4l
side) or buffer overflow (which means that encoder cannot process frames
fast enough).

--
Jindrich Makovicka