[MPlayer-users] Configuration file?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Oct 22 02:20:02 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, 23 October 2002, Marco Gariboldi wrote:
> I can't find the configuration file in either of these
> directories. Is there a way for me to obtain a configuration? So
> that I can manually change the settings and get at least the
> program to work.
[...]
> Here's my error message (in bash).
>
>========== START ==========
>[root at MG root]# mplayer
>Using GNU internationalization
>Original domain: messages
>Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
>Current domain: mplayer
>Current dirname: /usr/share/locale
>

>MPlayer 0.90pre8-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
>
>CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6,
>Stepping: 2)
>CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
>Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal!
>To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
>--disable-runtime-cpudetection
>Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
>'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
>Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
>'/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
>(copy/link etc/codecs.conf (from the MPlayer source tree) to
>~/.mplayer/codecs.conf)

Huh? That's impossible.
$ rpm -q --requires mplayer | grep mplayer-common
mplayer-common = 0.90pre8
$ rpm -ql mplayer-common | grep codecs.conf
/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf
/usr/share/doc/mplayer-common-0.90pre8/tech/codecs.conf.txt

So you must have a broken installation of mplayer RPMs.

What does the following command say:
rpm -V mplayer mplayer-common

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/