[MPlayer-users] vpass option creates a divx2pass and not a lavc_stats file

Eric Fernandez e.fernandez at ukc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 18 18:07:02 CEST 2002

I have a very strange behaviour on my machine : I want to encode with
libavcodec.
I compiled MPlayer myself from cvs, after having copied a cvs version of
the libavcodec directory from ffmpeg, in the MPlayer directory. The
output of ./configure says that  libavcodec support is enabled.
I use the 2 pass encoding with :
mencoder dvd.vob -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1
mencoder dvd.vob -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2 (and other
options)
But strangely I have a divx2pass.log file, and not a lavc_stats.txt that
is created. Is there a mess with the codecs ?
I used to use transcode and divx4linux codecs on that machine, but I
uninstalled them. Using locate divx, I just find divx4 in the source of
mplayer, or in the win32 codecs, but not as codec libraries. Has someone
an idea ?

Thanks