[MPlayer-users] XCD support?

Martin x-son covenant at spray.se
Thu Oct 17 00:46:02 CEST 2002

Yes, I know it seems weird if you read the XCD homepage, but the fact is, XCD format
is alive and well. It is getting pretty common on usenet since it lets you cram a
806 mb .ogm movie onto a 80 min cd.

This is from a .nfo for a movie leeched from usenet:
Source: Digital Versatile Disc
Data Storage: XCD
Video Format: Ogg Media Stream
Video Codec: XviD (set to DivX FourCC), 688x372, 23.97 fps
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Ogg Vorbis, 44,100 Hz, Mono
Language: English
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Video Size: 792MB
XCD Length: 79:49
Film Length: 1:30:44

There are Direct show filters for windows at
http://webs.ono.com/usr016/de_xt/mcf.html
(The DSF download link is under "DirectShow filter for reading RIFF/CDXA
content.")

/martin