[MPlayer-users] 2pass opts

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Wed Oct 16 18:04:02 CEST 2002

how about a little TLC? oh sorry.. I mean a little RTFM...

from http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/encoding.html#2pass :

This example shows how to encode a DVD to a 2-pass DivX4 AVI. Just two
commands are needed:
    rm frameno.avi - remove this file, which can come from a previous
3-pass encoding (it interferes with current one)
    mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:more_options -oac
copy -o movie.avi -pass 1
    mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:more_options -oac
copy -o movie.avi -pass 2

> if I got an in.mpeg I would do:
>   mencoder in.mpeg -manyoptions -pass 1 -o step1.avi;
> now is
> 1. mencoder in.mpeg -manyoptions -pass 2 -o final.avi;
> or 2. mencoder step1.avi -manyoptions -pass 2 -o final.avi;
> correct?

chris
xxxx