[MPlayer-users] XboxMediaPlayer false information spread on mplayerhq.hu

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Wed Oct 16 13:17:08 CEST 2002

come on, calm down everyone....

let's assume that everyone wanted to do his best, and that this problem
was a misunderstanding....

as i see, there are 2 problems:
1. an older win32 binary, which the xbmp author(s) claim that it used
the ms-mpeg4 dll..... now gabucino thinks that it's really interesting
that it was faster than ffmpeg ( it's not faster than ffmpeg ), so he
thinks maybe you didn't tell the complete truth... so xbmp developers,
please comment on this..

2.in my opinion, if i don't offer to the public my program, then i don't
have to offer to the public the source-code (if my program used gpl
parts )... is i offered/gave the binary to some of my friends, than my
friends should ask me for the source code, and not anyone from the
public.  i don't think that i should have to hunt the distributors... i
created a program, if i give it to someone, that guy can ask me for the
source.... imagine that i create a program for myself using gpl-code.
now someone breaks into my house and steals the binary. now i have to
give the source to anyone who got the binary?... gabucino?

bye,
gabor

p.s: i don't think people don't care about this problem...