[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Wed Oct 16 03:26:02 CEST 2002

Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> writes:

>> "-vop <...,plugin3[=options],plugin2,plugin1>" which is indeed not
>> that clear on the order plugins are used.
>>
> It says so right below that. :-)
> "Activate a comma separated list of video filters in reverse order."

Yes this still could leave you wondering which is the forward order
and which is the reverse one because after those two lines you can
say:

* forward order is plugin1, plugin2, plugin3 because that's what the
  forward order for numbers is.

* forward order is plugin3, plugin2, plugin2 because that's what you
  read when you read forward.

OK I admit I know perfectly how it works but there seem to be much
confusion around this and clearly spelling things out might help.
Like saying "reverse reading order" or "right first order" or
"ascending number order".

> although I'm curious why the order is reverse.

I suspect that this just happened to be a tiny bit faster to
implement.

Kim Minh.