[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Sipos Tibor TiborS at moravia-it.com
Tue Oct 15 16:43:04 CEST 2002

> > ratio. By specifying crop, then scale, yes you actually are scaling
first,
> > which gets the aspect ratio correct, then you crop the black bars away.
This
> > is intuitive and easy to understand.

Hi,

maybe I'm wrong, but I try this:

mencoder xxx.avi ...... -vop scale,crop=718:436:0:74 -xy 720 -sws10 -zoom

So, first it will crop the image (using the mplayer xxx.avi -vop cropdetect
value), THEN - enabling software scaling by -zoom - scaling it down to the
width of 720 pixels. -xy will automatically scale the y coordinate to keep
aspect ratio. But you have to be sure to give -xy a value which can be
divided by 16 (some AVI stuff). So, in the case above, I wanted to use -xy
718, because my movie is only 718 width, but 718/16=44,875, so I had to use
a value near this, 720 (720/16=45).

So, this way you will first eliminate unnecessary portions of video, so
scaling will be faster.

But if I'm wrong, please, correct me!

Regards,

Sipi