[MPlayer-users] XVideo output fails unless Xine is also running

Ben Liblit liblit at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 15 00:33:02 CEST 2002

Attila Kinali wrote:
>Hmm.. looks like MPlayer dont like your first Xv port.

Yup, that's exactly what it looks like.  Incidentally, if I start one
MPlayer going first (not working), a second MPlayer process will work
just fine.  So it really does look like MPlayer just doesn't like that
first XVideo port.  Weird.  Xine, as we've seen, likes any XVideo port
just fine.

Arpi wrote:
> he didn't mention but i'm pretty sure he's using old buggy nvidia driver.

I did cite my driver version in the original message, but perhaps it was
lost amid all the other info.  I am using nVidia's closed source driver
version 1.0-3123.  This is the latest release currently available from
nVidia's web site.