[MPlayer-users] Very strange TV behaviour...

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Sat Oct 12 21:31:02 CEST 2002

While I was trying to implement Teletext support for Freevo I noticed
something very strange...

When MPlayer is running with -tv,  the vbi-interface gets extremly unstable...
I get like one page of teletext every 5 seconds instead of 100 per second..
I guess MPlayer doesn't open /dev/v4l/vbi0, only /dev/v4l/video0 so I have no
idea what is causing the trouble.. They use the same driver (bttv/v4l)
though...
But this doesn't happen if I run xawtv, only with mplayer -tv... It doesn't
happen if I play an .avi with mplayer either...

Can someone please have a look at this? I have absolutely NO idea what is
causing it... :/  Maybe Mplayer is hammering the v4l/bttv-driver in some way
that it shouldn't?

Regards,
Per Wigren