[MPlayer-users] Desynchronising when playing libavcodec/vorbis ogm file

E.Fernandez at ukc.ac.uk E.Fernandez at ukc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 11:02:02 CEST 2002

MPlayer desynchronises sound and video when playing my ogm files (encoded with
libavcodec and oggenc). Sound is very quickly delayed.
 The problem occurs when decoding with mplayer, because sync was correct at the
encoding and file plays correctly with other softwares, like Powerdivx under
Windows.
I have an example file at this address : http://www.zebulon.org.uk/md_ogg.ogm
It is a low-birate encoding intended for PDA (304x176 pixels, libavcodec
100kbps, ogg vorbis 48kbps). The same file with an mp3 stream is available :
http://www.zebulon.org.uk/md_mp3.avi The mp3 version does not desync.

My system : mplayer cvs 09/10/02, libavcodec cvs 09/10/02, livorbis and libogg
1.0.Athlon TB1.4Go, glibc 2.2.5, gcc 3.2.

Eric