[MPlayer-users] Problem encoding multiple files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 10 22:53:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> MEncoder 0.90pre8-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

maybe redhat specific?
many user reported this 'error writing file' but none of teh developers can
reproduce.

> testing.avi: error writing file.
> Exiting...

try to remove this from mencoder.c:

 if(ferror(muxer_f)) {
     mp_msg(MSGT_MENCODER,MSGL_FATAL,MSGTR_ErrorWritingFile, out_filename);
     mencoder_exit(1, NULL);
 }

> It says error writing file, but writes an 800k .avi anyway, which doesn't
> play. I have tried libavcodec as well as uncompressed (copy), and I always
copy is not uncompressed, it's streamcopy, so encoding from jpg files will
result mjpeg file. if you want uncompressed, do -ovc rawrgb

also the jpegs must be in the same resolution and color depth!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team