[MPlayer-users] dxr3 a/v out of sync playing DivX !

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Oct 9 23:23:02 CEST 2002

On 02.10.09 Jan Engelhardt pressed the following keys:

> >with my setup i've tried that.. and i still get the your system is too
> >slow messages. thats playing a divx with this command line
> >
> >mplayer -vo dxr3 -vop lavc whatever.avi
>
> eh? dxr3 is a TV out? may explain some things ALTHU I could not explain that a
> tv out is slow...

Dxr3 is a card which can overlay mpeg stream on CRT, in hardware, using
VGA cable passthrough. Which is bad idea, since it creates huge image
distortions on anything more than 1280x1024 -- the cable for passthrough
is too damn thin.

It can also output video directly to TV, which gives arguably better quality
picture than all those cheap video cards with TVout (by cheap I mean
anything for lass than $1000).

Unfortunatelly it can only display MPEG1/MPEG2 stream, so lavc filter is
needed to encode in realtime the DivX to MPEG.

> Try without -vop lavc. (For what is it needed in here?)

It will crash without lavc or fame.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35