[MPlayer-users] dxr3 a/v out of sync playing DivX !

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Wed Oct 9 20:13:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 12:12, Pedro J. Deluca wrote:

> Some avi files encoded with mencoder do not work properly on my dxr3, some
> works fine.
> I receive a lot of messages thats my computer is too slow.
> I already try the mplayer options : dvbscale, framedrop, etc.
> Other problem thats I have is the sync of the subtitles playing dvds in
> dxr3.

I have dealt with the same issue.  Similar system specs.  first off arpi
has told me that dvbscale is not needed for dxr3 and wont help us any.
When I use -framedrop though I don't get the messages anymore and my
video stays in sync with the audio.  there is also a -hardframedrop
which may help more.

on a side question..
Have you noticed if you're overscan overscans too far?  I lose a descent
portion of my video to a massive overscan and I can't seem to do
anything about it without passing it through scale + expand.. which
takes ALOT of work because it is different for different videos... I can
use scale and expand perameters that work perfectly on one video that
will make another CRASH mplayer.. actually I can crash mplayer alot with
differnt combinations of scale and expand... I may not have a complete
understanding of how it works but I can get videos to fit on my tv
without losing subtitles.  Does anybody know how to adjust the overscan
on the dxr3's or possibly a better way to add a border to my movies?  I
just want to add about 10-20% black border around the whole video.. but
without some wicked scripting its not possible to do a relative
scale-expand with mplayer.  Any help about any of this would be much
appreciated

jeremy