[MPlayer-users] RedHat 8

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Oct 9 16:20:02 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, 09 October 2002, Alain De Carolis wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Follwing Dominik Mierzejewski's suggestion here is my bugreport.

No, you didn't read what I said. I asked you to follow the instructions
in bugreports.html, but you ignored that and so your bugreport will be
probably ignored, too.

> I have used for quite a long time mplayer (rpm version) with a RedHat 7.3 on
> my laptop Acer TM351TEV without any problem.
>
> I now installed RedHat 8 on the same machine and mplayer (always rpm) came out
> with a problem: a vertical slice of the screen is traslated to the right.
>
> This laptop is equipped with a Trident CyberBlade A1i wich runs on the typical
> RH8 configuration: kernel 2.4.18-14, XFree 4.2.0, Kde 3.0.3.

The problem is probably that something vital to mplayer's operation changed
between RH7.3 and RH8. Without all the information required by bugreports.html
it may be difficult/impossible to help you.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/