[MPlayer-users] DVDs do lag a lot...

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 9 14:59:02 CEST 2002

hi,
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 02:06:52PM +0200, Tim Korves wrote:
> Hi there... I've got a problem on playing DVDs on my RedHat 8.0 Linux on
> my Athlon TB 1400 Box with 768MBRam and a Toshiba DVD-Rom. All DVDs are
> lagging... Approx every one or two secs the video and audio is
> lagging... That's the message I get everytime I start playing a DVD:

> What should I do? What's the problem?
you could search the mailing list archives, rtfm about the option -cache and
check your settings for hdparm (dma should be enabled), maybe try different
settings for -vo (x11 is slow). this should probably solve your problem.
btw, this is also in the faq:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/faq.html#dvd
(last question)

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/