[MPlayer-users] .Merging of AVIs (yeah we had that already)

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de
Tue Oct 8 15:11:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I know this question has been asked by me and several others a thousand times
before, how to concatenate two (or more) AVIs.
AFAIK, only merging of MPEGs is somehow supported (by `cat *mpeg | menc...`)
AVIs cannot be merged that way since mencoder only recognizes the first one.

Some hours ago, I discovered one can play multiple AVI files after each other:

  mplayer 1.avi -vo vesa -fs 2.avi -vo xv

(would play the first on console and the second on x11-xv).
My question is, is merging by cat or by specifying multiple avis at the
commandline supported in the current cvs snapshot?
well, the only trick would be to leave the encoding filter open while opening
the next avi file in row...

- Jan Engelhardt