[MPlayer-users] Enocding VCD with mplayer and mencoder

Auguste g2OFF at nat.fr
Sun Oct 6 18:00:03 CEST 2002

Hi,

I see a message from you on the mplayer Mailinglistso i try to ask you my question thank's for answer if you know it..

I want to make a VCD (for my DVD player) from a AVI file (Divx) with mplayer and mencoder

I try to encode the avi with :

--
mencoder  FILE.AVI -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -o  FIEL.mpg
--

and vcdimage FIEL.MPG  dont' accept the mpeg file it says :

--
auguste at telemak:/tmp/vcd-encode$ vcdimager peter.mpg
   INFO: scanning mpeg track #0 for scanpoints...

if i try to read the mpeg file with mplayer, it read it with no problem, video and sound are OK ....

so, i don't know how to make a MPEG (VCD) with mencoder , do you know it ?

thank's for helping if you know,

by

--
Gus  (from france)