[MPlayer-users] avi to vcd frame rate problems

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Sun Oct 6 15:15:03 CEST 2002

On Sunday 06 October 2002 00:04, GD Lewis wrote:

> > Then use new_frame_rate.avi as the input for generating the mpeg1 file.
> Doesn't work for me.  I've tried it with many avi's and even though the
> resultant avi will play fine with mplayer or Xine, once converted to an
> mpeg, you end up with double speed video and normal audio.

So the duplicates are obviously dropped. But have you determined which program
is dropping them? mplayer? mpeg2enc? yuvscaler? yuvdenoise?

I'd be really interested in getting this silly little glitch out of the way as
it does seem to screw up sound sync in my (s)vcds if I encode long clips I
recorded myself. 25 frames dropped (duplicated) out of 100000 may not seem
much but its a whole second in sound sync! And there are no sync adjustment
keys in hardware players :)