[MPlayer-users] VCD standards

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Fri Oct 4 20:12:02 CEST 2002

Technically I know that this is not the right list to ask this question
on, but I was just wondering whether anyone else had any insight on the
issue, so please bear with me.

When I create VCD's on my system using the mencvcd script with
mjpegtools and mplayer, they will play just fine on my DVD player, but
to this day I have not found another person who can play the same disks.

My model is the Toshiba SD-3750, and it plays DVD, VCD, SVCD, CDDA, &
MP3.

Even though other people have DVD players that state that they are
capable of playing VCD and SVCD, they are unable to play my disks.

My questions are does anyone else know of or have similar issues?  What
models are you using to play your disks?  Did you have to do anything
special to be able to play them, either on the encoding end or the
player config?

Thanks much for any responses!

:-)

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.19-r7 on a GenuineIntel i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered
strange at first"