[MPlayer-users] How to split a big AVI file into smaller ones

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Oct 4 13:02:01 CEST 2002

On Friday 04 October 2002 12:17, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Once upon a time gabor said...
>
> > > On 02.10.04 J.S.Sahambi pressed the following keys:
> >
> > on linux i recommend  avidemux for splitting
>
> In my experience, recording TV with mencoder to mpeg4 and cutting out
> the ads with avidemux, the audio sync stuffs up. So make sure your audio
> sync is OK on both parts after you cut it before you delete the
> original.

I investigated the whole thing a little further: The problem does is not with
cutting, it's with joining. I tried to cut an avi (divx) and this works
properly (besides the missing index).

Can avidemux also do joining?

		Best Regards,
		Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7