[MPlayer-users] How to split a big AVI file into smaller ones

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Oct 4 09:21:01 CEST 2002

On 02.10.04 J.S.Sahambi pressed the following keys:

> I have a big AVI file which cannot fit in one CD. I would like to know
> how to split it into smaller segments. what softwares are available in
> Linux or windows for this task.

On windows use virtualdub or nandub. Virtualdub won't work correctly if
avi has VBR audio, or more than one audio track. So the Nandub is the
sage bet.

On Linux you could use mencoder with -oac copy -ovc copy utilising -ss
and -endpos, but it can be tricky to start the second part on keyframe
boundary.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35