OT about ATI cards Re: [MPlayer-users] Two graphicscards..

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Oct 3 09:56:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:32:39PM +0200, gabor wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 16:52, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > And glimpsing over to NV I care a lot about closed src drivers as they have
> > been reported to e stable and fast for months (apart from some glitches in the
> > very latest versions. Plus closed src is the only way to ensure the chip is
> > fully used. Why buy a board when I could have the same power for half the
> > price.
>
> i generally agree with you ( geforce4, had no problems for a long time
> ), but it's generally a bad idea to tell here ( mplayer-users ) that
> nvidia drivers are bug-free :-)))))

Dexter's comment was full of stupid trolling. "closed src is the only
way to ensure the chip is fully used"??? What is that supposed to
mean? It's total nonsense, without any rationale behind it, spewed by
people who worship a video card like its some kinda god. Certainly
this cluebie has no understanding of any of the technical or moral
matters involved.

Rich