OT about ATI cards Re: [MPlayer-users] Two graphicscards..

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Wed Oct 2 17:22:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:43:13 +0200 (CEST)
Anders Rune Jensen <anders at gnulinux.dk> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:55:36 +0200
> Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Ok, here some info about ATI cards from somebody who unfortunately
> > purchased
>                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What have you been smoking?

Lucky Strike and John Player Special.

 ;) I have a Radeon 8500 aka. r200 that
> works perfect in mplayer (xvideo) and runs 250+fps in q3 :)

I got an 7200 and it gave me hell all the time. Might run Quake but sure won't
run ut2003.

> Try the dri drivers. Who cares about closed source shit anyway? :(

I *AM* using the dri drivers. Try using ViVo with that.

And glimpsing over to NV I care a lot about closed src drivers as they have
been reported to e stable and fast for months (apart from some glitches in the
very latest versions. Plus closed src is the only way to ensure the chip is
fully used. Why buy a board when I could have the same power for half the
price.