[MPlayer-users] dxr3 video and audio sync problem

Jens Axboe axboe at suse.de
Fri Nov 29 22:19:02 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 29 2002, Robert R. Wal wrote:
> On 02.11.29 Jens Axboe pressed the following keys:

> > > have you tried em8300 driver from cvs?
> >
> > cvs version of em8300 appears to be older than the 0.13 release. I did
> > try both 0.13 and 0.12 and both had the same problem. Using -delay -0.3
> > appears to make it work, still curious as to why there's this initial
> > 0.3 seconds off..
>
> Oh, that... Did you get this -0.3 from playing DVDs? Have you tried to

No, but it was mpeg2 material (from wintv pvr).

> play this DVD using -vo xv or -vo x11? If the delay was same, then

The box is too slow :-). But I can try it in software on my workstation,
will do that tomorrow.

> there is unresolved issue of proper a/v delay for DVD. I have to play
> most of my DVDs with -delay -0.25[1].

Ah ok, that actually makes me a lot happier.

> PS. In cotrary to popular belief it's not dialogs that let you watch
> accuratelly for a/v synch, it's gunshots, punches, explosions etc.

I used lip-popping sounds in talking. Same result.

> [1] better than -0.3 since 0.08 mismatch is invisible for human, and the
>  actual offset is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3, hence 0.25

My 0.3 was just a ball park number, quickly averaged :)

--
Jens Axboe