[MPlayer-users] dxr3 video and audio sync problem

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 29 22:10:03 CET 2002

On 02.11.29 Jens Axboe pressed the following keys:

> > > I'm experiencing audio/video sync problems with mplayer (current cvs,
> > > tried -pre10,9,8 as well), it is consistently a bit off. It doesn't
> > > seem to drift, and I'd say it's a bit under 0.5s off.
> > >
> > > I've tried regular and new sync, same result. xine (0.9.13) works
> > > perfectly. Clues?
> >
> > have you tried em8300 driver from cvs?
>
> cvs version of em8300 appears to be older than the 0.13 release. I did
> try both 0.13 and 0.12 and both had the same problem. Using -delay -0.3
> appears to make it work, still curious as to why there's this initial
> 0.3 seconds off..

Oh, that... Did you get this -0.3 from playing DVDs? Have you tried to
play this DVD using -vo xv or -vo x11? If the delay was same, then
there is unresolved issue of proper a/v delay for DVD. I have to play
most of my DVDs with -delay -0.25[1].

Robert

PS. In cotrary to popular belief it's not dialogs that let you watch
accuratelly for a/v synch, it's gunshots, punches, explosions etc.

PPS. I've just done encoding of several seasons of Buffy and it apeared
that while I was playing it from DVD I had to add -delay -0.25. But when
I reencoded this to AVI and OGM with AC3 and Vorbis sound than I had to
use no offset for audio to get correct a/v sync.

[1] better than -0.3 since 0.08 mismatch is invisible for human, and the
 actual offset is somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3, hence 0.25

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35