[MPlayer-users] Sound Problem

David C. Diemer daviddiemer at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:36:02 CET 2002

Mark:

I've got the EXACT same problem.  Even though it's defined in
/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf, ~/.mplayer/gui.conf, and ~/.mplayer/config,
it still didn't work.  This was most evident when playing a multi-part
file and mplayer switched to the second video, for example.

I overcame it by ALWAYS add '-ao oss' to the run line.  I haven't had
any more problems since.

Dave