[MPlayer-users] Slow zr output driver

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Thu Nov 28 20:18:02 CET 2002

I'm attempting to use the zr (zoran) output driver to play some movies but I
am getting the "Your system is too SLOW to play this!" message and sure
enough the playback is slow and audio goes out of sync.  I realize that this
driver requires a fair bit of cpu to do it's job but when I look at the
output of top it looks like mplayer is only using around 50% of one cpu
(this is a dual cpu box).  If I've got plenty of cpu cycles left then what
could be slowing me down?  Also other output drivers such as xv don't seem
to have any problems so I don't think it's an issue with the file I'm
playing or the audio driver.

Any suggestions?

--
Ray