[MPlayer-users] encoding DVD produce ugly blinking avi

Cyrille Mescam cyrille at eurovox.fr
Thu Nov 28 17:50:03 CET 2002

Hi,

I've encoded "We Were Soldiers" and it produced an ugly blinking divx...
I had the same problem with other films : `Dancer In The Dark`
Here was the command line :

# I use this to get the bitrate for a 650Mo CD
mencoder -dvd 1 -alang fr -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128
# Then this to encode the rest
mencoder -dvd 1 -alang fr -vop scale -zoom -xy 512 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vpass=1:vbitrate=554 -o /dev/null
mencoder -dvd 1 -alang fr -vop scale -zoom -xy 512 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vpass=2:vbitrate=554 -o We.avi

 It would be great if someone can help me...

P.S.: i used the same commands for a lot of other DVDs, and it didn't
      any problem...

 	Bye.

			Cyrille ;-)