[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Still segfault problems with -vo vesa

XI xizard at enib.fr
Wed Nov 27 21:15:03 CET 2002

Hi again,

I am ready to spend time to find problems, but if no one wants to reply,
I'll never find the problem.

summary:
I use a mandrake9.0 with a kernel-2.4.19 and glibc-2.2.5. Mplayer
segfault when I try to use it with -vo vesa.

Since my last post, I have tested this on my mdk9:
~ use kernel 2.4.8 from a mandrake8.1 (mplayer -vo vesa worked with
mdk8.1). Mplayer still segfault
~ use glibc-2.2.4 from a mandrake8.1: It works!

So, I am quite sure that the last glibc (2.2.5) cause mplayer to
segfault with -vo vesa.
Now, I would like to know if the bug is in mplayer or in the glibc. So
could someone explain me line by line the aim of this assembler code,
because mplayer seems to segfault while executing it (see my previous
mail for more details):
 > #ifdef __PIC__
 >         asm volatile (
 >          "pushl %%ebx\n\t"
 >          "movl %2, %%ebx\n\t"
 >          "int $0x80\n\t"
 >          "popl %%ebx"
 >          : "=a" (r)
 >          : "0" (113), "r" (vm));
 > #else
 >         asm volatile (
 >          "int $0x80"
 >          : "0" (113), "b" (vm));
 > #endif

One other thing: could people with a glibc-2.2.5 try mplayer in vesa
mode and tell me if it works.
This is very simple, just go in text only mode, and type "mplayer -vo
vesa movie.avi" for example.

Thanks for the replies.
					Xavier