[MPlayer-users] Some stupid protection scheme

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 27 19:36:02 CET 2002

hi,
On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 02:47:35PM +0100, Vittorio Ballestra wrote:
> Hello, I've tried to make a backup copy of my "The Lord of the Rings" DVD
> (italian version)  using mencoder but at movie time 1:36:07 mencoder gives a
> CRC error and it fails to rippit. Trying to play it the movie begins to loop
[..]
just search the archive ;) ok, you wouldn't have found it anyway, but
i remembered reading something like this a while ago and grepped in my
mailbox. result:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-September/021340.html
seems the italian version is really a bit strange.
solutions:
- in the reply someone said, he used smartripper (windows?)
- write a letter to the big bad company and complain that you can't use it
on PS (i'm not sure if they should care that you can not use it with mplayer
as i'm not that sure about the legal status of libcss etc in italy), but
it should work on PS.
- bring it back to your dealer, complain, get your money back and download
the dvd rip ;)

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/