[MPlayer-users] devices

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Wed Nov 27 19:28:02 CET 2002

> > > Preferably by default.
> >
> > Add to config
>
> Not trying to be funny, but HOW?? I read the docs, and unless Im really
> thick, none of them detail the config file systax.

parameter = value... not that taxing really...

> Actually, I find the 'RTFM' headers on this list 1) offensive   and 2) a
> waste of bandwidth.

awww poor you.

> I /did/ rtfm, and found it lacking. I tried the '-ao oss:/dev/sound/dsp'
> option as documented, and it failed.

well why didn't you SAY that rather than all the well meaning list members
trot out this all over again? you find RTFM offensive? most people here
find people who can't be arsed to ask proper questions, explaining what
they have already tried, and any problems they have come across offensive.

Maybe you should learn to ask proper questions...

> Please dont assume people havent RTFMed. its NOT easy to find the right
> info always.

Well what else is anyone meant to think reading back over this thread?
Maybe we assume a user RTFMed but decided against reading the vowels?
there's got to be some real reason they ignore the information given
there...

chris
xxxx