[MPlayer-users] wrong qt dlls?

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Wed Nov 27 14:03:03 CET 2002

Rocky Hetherington <lists at hetherington.co.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 11:18, Georgi Hristov wrote:
>> Opening video decoder: [qtvideo] Quicktime Video decoder
>> InitializeQTML returned 0
>> Count = 0
>> Cannot find requested component
>> VDecoder init failed :(
>> get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/georgi/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
>> *** Try to upgrade /home/georgi/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
>> *** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
>> Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33515653!

>> i'm using th qt-dotwine.tar.bz2 dll pack, corrct me if there is a new one.
>
> I had the same error for a while until i realised that i hadn't moved
> QuickTimeEssentials.qtx into /usr/lib/win32 when i moved QuickTime.qts
> and qtmlClient.dll.  All three of them need to be in /usr/lib/win32 to
> work.

I don't have either of them in /usr/lib/win32, but have the stuff in
my .wine directory (as was created with the qt-dotwine archive), and
everything works great.

George: Did you compile MPlayer correctly? Are you using the latest
CVS version of MPlayer?

-rbb

--
   Remco B. Brink -- Information Systems Developer, Opera Software ASA
Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

"Although the mini-survival kit in the Parachute Pack DID have a single condom
 in it, the idea was to use it for water storage. [...] In a life-or-death
 situation, nothing beats spermicide-flavoured water." -- a.s.r.